Follow in the footsteps of Heroes
on an In The Footsteps®
Battle of the Bulge
76th Anniversary Small Group Tour
11 — 13 December 2020
3-Days / 2-Nights
Join our weekend 76th anniversary tour of the Battle of the Bulge and attend the events and re-enactments
that are centred around the 'Nuts Weekend' in Bastogne.
The Battle of the Bulge was the largest and bloodiest single battle fought by the United States in Second World War. It is the second most deadly battle in their history, the deadliest being the Battle of the Meuse-Argonne in the First World War.
It began on 16 December 1944 when Generalfeldmarschall Walter Model’s Army Group B, consisting of 13 Infantry Divisions and 7 Armoured Divisions, attacked along an 80-mile (130 kilometre) section of the front centred on the Ardennes. It was to be Adolf Hitler’s ‘Last Throw of the Dice’ in the west; his last effort to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
Discover some of the incredible stories surrounding the Battle of the Bulge and those who were part of the epic struggle that was Adolf Hitler's "Last Throw of the Dice".
Friday, 11 December 2020
Your Battlefield Historian / Guide will meet you at the reception of your Brussels Airport hotel at approximately 09:00 hrs. You are then driven to Hollerath on the German-Belgium border where you will see the Dragon’s Teeth of the Siegfried Line before beginning to follow in the footsteps of SS-Obersturmbannführer Joachim Peiper’s Kampfgruppe as they drive across the Northern Shoulder as the spearhead of the German assault. You will follow them through Honsfeld and Büllingen to Baugnez, the site of the Malmédy Massacre. Then westwards to Stavlot, Trois Ponts and Stoumont before heading to La Gleize where they made their last stand. At the end of the day you have the opportunity to the visit the excellent December 1944 Museum before heading to your tour hotel.
Saturday, 12 December 2020
Today you will spend at one of the events commemorating the 76th Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge. You will depart from your hotel reception at 09:00 hrs and will return at approximately 17:30 hrs.
Sunday 13 December 2020
On your final day you follow in the footsteps of Easy Company 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, the Band of Brothers, in the defence of Bastogne. You will visit the Bois Jacques Woods and see the remains of their foxholes before heading to Foy to discuss the attack of 13 January 1945. The remainder of the day is spent exploring the re-enactor camps and military vehicles on display before heading back to Brussels and drop-off at your Brussels Airport hotel at approximately 17:00 hrs.
The cost of your tour
The cost for our 3-day / 2-night In The Footsteps® of the Battle of the Bulge 76th
Anniversary Tour is £995.00 GBP per person.
A deposit of £300.00 GBP per person is payable on booking. The final balance of £695.00 GBP will be due 8 weeks prior to your tour (16 October 2020).
A supplement of £95.00 GBP applies where single occupancy is required.
The price per person based upon a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 7 per tour vehicle. Please note the tour will not go ahead if the minimum number do not book.
If you prefer a private tour for just two people there will be a supplement of £720.00 GBP per person, sharing the same room (double or twin subject to availability). If single accommodation is required an additional supplement of £95.00 GBP per person will apply.
Booking indicates your acceptance of our tour terms and conditions which can be viewed HERE.
What your tour includes
- In-tour land travel only.
- 3 days escorted tour of the battlefields with one of our expert Battlefield Historians / Guides.
- 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a 3-4 star hotel.
- Comprehensive touring of the major battlefield sites included in our itinerary.
- All museum admission fees.
- The opportunity to visit specific cemeteries and graves within the tour area (as agreed prior to your tour).
- The opportunity to discuss your battlefield travel plans with our expert team.
What your tour does not include
- Lunches, evening meals, drinks and snacks.
- Personal expenses.
The accommodation for your tour will in one of our 3 star partner hotels.
You will be told in which hotel you will be accommodated prior to booking your tour, please make sure you are happy with it as changes may not be possible after booking.
Your Battlefield Historian/Guide is an established member of our team and is experienced in leading tours
to the battlefields of the Second World War.
The Battlefield Historian/Guide will meet you daily at your hotel reception prior to departure.
Your money is safe. We are members ot the TTA and all monies paid to us are held in a trust account and cannot be drawn down by us until the tour is over.
Why travel with In The Footsteps?
- We have over 16 years experience in designing and operating Private Battlefield Tours, Battlefield Studies and Staff Rides.
- Our team of battlefield historians and guides are selected for their experience, depth of knowledge, enthusiasm and ability to tell the story in an entertaining and engaging way. The majority are accredited members of the prestigious Guild of Battlefield Guides. This means they endeavour to maintain high levels of good practice commensurate with the Guild's ethos.
- We operate a full booking, planning and design service.
- Office is open 24-hours a day whilst the tour is operating.
- Combined Employers and Public Liability Insurance (a copy can be supplied upon request).
Enquire About Your Battle of the Bulge 76th Anniversary Tour Today
If you are interested in this tour please contact us on email@example.com or click on the button below which will take you to our Enquiry Form. Either way, please tell us which tour you are interested in, when you would like to go and how many people there are in your party. You will receive a reply within 24 hours.
Return to previous page
Page last updated: 16 July 2021.