Follow in the footsteps of Heroes
on our In The Footsteps® of the
Band of Brothers UK Tour
Follow in the footsteps of Easy Company, US 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division as they prepare for the D-Day invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Join one of our expert battlefield historians on our one-day ‘Band of Brothers’ UK tour.
The US 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment established their headquarters at Littlecote House near Hungerford. Easy Company, the Band of Brothers, were billeted in the Wiltshire village of Aldbourne and trained in the surrounding area.
In the morning we explore Aldbourne taking in the local landmarks associated with the Band of Brothers time in the village during their pre-invasion training. Following lunch, at one of Aldbourne’s English Country Public Houses, the tour visits Pentico Wood and Loves Copse, both of which were used by US 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment for extensive training prior to D-Day. It culminates at Littlecote House, now a hotel and also famous for being the house where Henry VIII courted Jane Seymour as well as the headquarters of the US 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment. Here your tour comes to an end with an opportunity to take refreshments before departing for your onward journey.
Itineraries are subject to change due to operational reasons. Any changes will be advised closer to the time of departure.
The cost of your tour
The cost of your tour is £350.00 GBP * per day.
This price is based upon one to nine people travelling in your own vehicle. Your battlefield historian will travel in their own vehicle or join you in your vehicle depending upon COVID restrictions.
If your group is larger than 9 people, no problem. Just let us know and we will put together a proposal for you.
An additional supplement may apply for anniversary dates to cover any increase in the associated costs.
Booking indicates your acceptance of our Tour Terms and Conditions.
What your tour includes
- Full day escorted tour with our expert battlefield historian
- The opportunity to discuss your travel plans with our expert team.
What your tour does not include
- Museum entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
Your tour can have optional extras added. We can, for example, add any of the following to your tour: -
- Additional tour days
- Half-board or Full-board option
- In-tour travel in a vehicle driven by your battlefield historian
- Transfers to and from the battlefield area.
Customising your tour
All of our tours are fully customisable to allow you to see the sites that are most important to you. Where changes to the standard itinerary are made there may be an additional charge to cover the associated additional costs.
Your money is safe. We are members of the TTA and all monies paid to us are held in a trust account and cannot be drawn down by us until the tour is over.
Why travel with In The Footsteps?
- We have over 16 years experience in designing and operating Private Battlefield Tours, Battlefield Studies and Staff Rides.
- Our team of battlefield historians and guides are selected for their experience, depth of knowledge, enthusiasm and ability to tell the story in an entertaining and engaging way. The majority are accredited members of the prestigious Guild of Battlefield Guides. This means they endeavour to maintain high levels of good practice commensurate with the Guild's ethos.
- We operate a full booking, planning and design service.
- Office is open 24-hours a day whilst the tour is operating.
- Combined Employers and Public Liability Insurance (a copy can be supplied upon request).
Enquire About Your Band of Brothers UK Tour Today
If you are interested in our Band of Brothers UK tour please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button below which will take you to our Enquiry Form. Either way, please tell us which tour you are interested in, when you would like to go and how many people there are in your party. You will receive a reply within 24 hours.
Return to previous page
Page last updated: 16 July 2021.