In these uncertain times, people considering taking a guided tour may understandably have concerns
about their health and safety. We understand these concerns and have put in place measures to ensure
that you will be in capable hands.
As we resume our touring operations, we recognise that we will not be touring in the format it was before the COVID-19 epidemic but with new measures in place to protect our customers and our guides. Our guides are fully conversant with these measures, and any measures specifically pertinent to the tour they are guiding, and are expected to abide by this code of practice during this COVID-19 period:
1. Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
2. Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with customers.
3. Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thorough hand cleaning and drying before guiding, and using personal hand sanitiser when that is not possible.
4. If requested, guides will consider wearing a facemask or visor.
5. Guides will always maintain the government-recommended social distancing between themselves and our customers.
6. Where the tour group includes members from different households, guides will inform them of the current social distancing requirements and encourage them to adopt and maintain appropriate social distancing between each other as well as between them and the guide.
7. When the tour group contains members from different households, the guides will ensure that the government guidance relating to the maximum possible group size is adhered to.
8. Where practicable and appropriate, remote audio devices will be utilised to aid effective social distancing during the tour. Such devices will be thoroughly cleaned after previous use.
9. Where remote audio devices are used, the customer will be expected to use their own compatible headphones/earpieces.
10. Guides will ensure they are fully aware of any sites' specific COVID-19 requirements for the tourist sites visited and will comply with them. They will ensure that the customer is briefed accordingly.
11. Guides are familiar with the area that they tour and will make their best efforts to negotiate the more crowded areas, or if appropriate, avoid them.
12. Driver guides will ensure their vehicle is thoroughly cleaned inside after previous use. They will follow the national COVID-19 regulations for cleaning their vehicles and maintaining air-conditioning systems. Driver guides will carry disinfecting wipes, hand sanitisers and paper towels in their vehicles, and will use face masks if appropriate.
We are looking forward to taking you on tour and believe that these measures will ensure your safety and the safety of our guide.
Return to previous page
Page last updated: 16 July 2021.